Thursday, March 3, 2011

What is the best birthday gift you ever received?

Today is my birthday and I sit in my room reminiscing the Kodai trip of last year. Kodai is a hill station located in the Palani hills, Dindigal district, Tamil Nadu. To my pleasant surprise the trip coincided with my birthday.


Though I am a late riser I was woken up well before sunrise by the chirping of tiny birds heard over the balcony. I opened the windows to see this amazing sunrise through the Palani hills and rushed for the camera to take pictures. What could be a better gift than this marvelous scene ravishing my eyes on my birthday?

Today morning I peep out of the window to see that sun is already up. The rays of sun infiltrate through green leaves of the innumerable trees in my neighbor's courtyard. The gleaming young leaves of this gooseberry tree caught my eyes and here it is.


I thank God for the simple gifts that he shower upon us everyday; they make our life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment